Spot Satellite Messenger
Works around the world and features 4 key features*
Spot Satellite Messenger
The great outdoors can be a big, uncertain place. But you’ve just
purchased the most peace of mind available for the active outdoor
adventurer or smartly-prepared individual. SPOT is the world’s first
satellite messenger, using the GPS satellite system to determine your
location and communications satellites to transmit that information to
the chosen recipient. SPOT gives you and your loved ones peace of mind
by allowing you to notify them or a GEOS International 9-1-1 Emergency
assistance in time of need around the world, completely independent of
cellular phone or other land-based radio coverage. To begin using SPOT,
visit findmespot.com to select a service plan and activate.
How SPOT works:
1. GPS satellites provide coordinates.
2. SPOT messenger’s onboard GPS chip determines your exact coordinates and sends
your location and message to the SPOT satellite system.
3. SPOT commercial satellites relay your message to specific satellite antennas around
4. Satellite antennas and supporting equipment route your message and location to the
5. Your message is delivered according to your instructions via text message, email or
emergency notification via the response center.
Powered by Google Maps™
When SPOT sends a text or email message to one of your contacts or to a GEOS International
your location using Google Maps™.
• SPOT is the world’s first satellite messenger. SPOT sends your exact GPS coordinates and selected messages over commercial satellites to tell others of your location and status.
• SPOT works around the world, independently of cellular networks.
• SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
o Alert 9-1-1 – Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location
o Ask for Help – Request help from friends and family in your exact location
o Check In – Let contacts know where you are and that you’re okay
o Track Progress – Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps™
• SPOT uses the GPS satellite system to determine a user’s location and the SPOT satellite network to transmit that location and the user’s status.
• The SPOT satellite network is a
network with a proven 99.4% reliability rate while processing over 6
messages a month – the equivalent of 2.3 messages per second.
• Satellite coverage works around the world, independently of cellular systems, with outstanding reliability.
• 7.37 ounces
• More affordable and more functional than Personal Locator Beacons (PLB), cellular-based GPS trackers, and comparable handheld devices.
o Unit Cost: $149 (MSRP)
o Service Fee: $99 USD annual OR $9.99 USD monthly subscription charge. Optional features including automatic tracking service (SPOTcasting) and guaranteed extraction service for countries or regions with non-responsive emergency services.
works around the world, including virtually all of North America,
Includes 2 AA lithium
batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge should meet or
o Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
o SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
o 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
o SPOTcheck OK/√: 1900 messages
SPOT works around the world virtually anywhere
• Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F
• Operating Altitude: -300ft to +21,000ft
• Floats in water
• Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
• Humidity Rated:
o MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
• Salt Fog Rated
o Per MIL_STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
o Per SAE J1455
o Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
o Dropped twice on all six sides from one meter onto hard surface.
OR ORDER BY PHONE: Call 734-827-2650
Mon-Fri 9:00 am to 4:30pm Eastern Time